Krost Mezzanine Floor Solutions
Krost Shelving & Racking is a large Mezzanine Floor supplier. All our warehouse storage solutions are quick, clean, and easy to install, resulting in minimal disruption to your business.
The solid mezzanine flooring solutions add extra floor space within the shell of an existing building. By doubling the surface area, industrial mezzanine floors enable the full working height of a building to be utilised.
They are custom designed and manufactured, according to engineering specifications, to suit all clients’ specific requirements
Mezzanine Flooring system can be used as storage areas, fabrication areas, packing areas and offices, among many other uses. Because the structure, dimensions and location are easily changed, the possible uses are practically endless.
Installing a mezzanine floor is the most cost effective way of optimizing your existing space because all your fixed costs are already covered.
Advantages of installing a Krost Shelving and Racking Mezzanine Floor:
- Quick, clean and easy to install with a minimum disruption to your operations.
- Floors are generally considered to be demountable structures and therefore no planning approval is normally required.
- They can be disassembled, moved and re-assembled at another location, and can also be increased or decreased in size to suit your future needs.
- The custom design and manufacture of these floors as well as the range of floor cladding types and load-carrying capacities allow us to meet specific customer needs.
- The Mezzanine flooring can be complemented by adding our racking and shelving systems to them.
- Hand and knee railings as well as access stairs are also custom designed and installed as part of our mezzanine floors.
What Type of Mezzanine Does Krost Shelving & Racking Supply:
- Rack Supported Mezzanine Flooring
Rack or shelving supported mezzanine floors are partially or fully supported by shelving or racks. The closely spaced shelving that supports the mezzanine floor has a load capacity that exceeds other mezzanine structural designs.
One use for rack supported mezzanine floor is extra shelving or storage of parts, machinery, and other materials. In certain cases, the additional floor space provides a path for conveying systems.
The exceptional strength of rack supported mezzanine flooring provides an opportunity for the use of pallet racks and pallet storage.
- Structural Mezzanine Floor
Structural mezzanine is often used in shops and similar spaces for storage of tools or materials. The high roof of the shop is ideal for a mezzanine, and offices can be put either below or above it.
Mezzanines are frequently used in industrial operations such as warehousing, distribution or manufacturing. These facilities have high ceilings, allowing unused space to be utilized within the vertical cube.
Industrial mezzanine structures are typically either structural, roll formed, rack-supported, or shelf supported, allowing high density storage within the mezzanine structure.